There are countless benefits to having trees in your yard. For one thing, studies show that trees improve health, lower anxiety, and decrease the amount of crime in neighborhoods. Another obvious plus is that they work wonders for the environment. But what about the relationship between trees and property value? Here are five ways trees pay off for years to come:
- Endless beauty – According to the Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers, a mature tree can have an appraisal value of up to $10,000. You can’t say that about many home improvement projects! Sure, it takes years for it to reach mature size. Don’t let that deter you, though! If you recently moved into a new house, plant a tree now and enjoy its benefits until it’s time to sell.
- Incredible return on investment – A well-done kitchen or bathroom renovation can yield a recovery value up to 125 percent. Pretty solid, right? However, some landscaping projects have the potential to bring up to a 200 percent return. That’s why it’s a good idea to get in touch with a reliable arborist.
- Added visual interest – Want something in your yard that’s beautiful yet low-maintenance? The right tree goes a long way. In Colorado, the most popular trees include the American sycamore, Aspen, Blue Spruce, and Birch. Don’t hesitate to ask your local tree doctor for additional recommendations.
- Energy savings – As your tree matures, it’s probably going to provide quite a bit of shade. That translates to fewer times you have to turn on the air conditioner in the summer. Believe it or not, shade trees can reduce a home cooling bill by as much as 50 percent a year. That’s pretty significant if you ask us!
- Privacy – Prospective home buyers want to feel like they have some privacy in the yard. There’s no question that landscaping makes a difference here. Imagine enjoying family time or hosting a celebration with loved ones in the comfort of your own private oasis. A well-situated, mature tree can block the views of nosy neighbors.
Why Choose Our Arborist?
A number of companies that offer tree removal, tree trimming, and other similar tree services claim to be so-called “experts.” Don’t fall for it. Schra Tree Care is led by several licensed arborists who have been helping Loveland residents for more than three decades. What makes Schra different is that we go above and beyond the basics. You can count on us to protect the health, strength, and long-term vitality of all of your trees. On top of that, we will never use “band-aid” approaches.
It’s one thing to understand general tree health. However, it’s another to know the unique growth patterns and nutritive needs of Colorado’s urban forest. Frankly, that’s what really sets our tree doctor apart from the rest.
Let us help you boost your property value and curb appeal while the state’s housing market remains white-hot. Contact our certified arborist today.