Your trees have had better days. So you decide it would make sense to get in touch with a local tree service. The majority of homeowners don’t realize, however, that not all tree doctors are the same. Some have been industry experts for decades while others have no expertise whatsoever. That’s why it’s so paramount to do some research ahead of time. Remember that hiring an arborist should be an investment in your tree’s health, as well as your property. Here are some common mistakes to avoid when making a decision.
- Hiring someone with little experience – Do you really want someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing on your property? We’re guessing not. Anyone with a truck and some equipment can give the impression they’re a tree service professional. At Schra Tree Care in Loveland, we have been in the business for more than 30 years. We are proud to offer the best, most reliable, and trustworthy service in Northern Colorado.
- Hiring someone without proper certification – Be sure to check for International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification. An arborist who is ISA-certified has passed an extensive examination covering all aspects of tree care. You can feel comfortable knowing that Schra is led only by licensed and insured arborists. We make it a point to offer customers uncompromising care in tree health and maintenance services. On top of that, our work is satisfaction guaranteed.
- Failing to request references – Once your list is whittled down to a few companies, request references from each. You want to be 100 percent sure that the tree service you hire performs quality work at a reasonable price. If any of the companies refuse to provide references for whatever reason, cross them off the list.
- Not getting a written estimate – This is where some tree services take advantage of their customers. By not providing a contract, they’re free to tack on additional charges for work that wasn’t agreed upon in the first place. This is the last thing you want to worry about. At Schra Tree Care, we go above and beyond with customer service. Our certified arborist will always provide a written estimate prior to starting your project.
- Hiring a company that employs improper techniques – Here’s where you can really tell the difference between a longtime, certified arborist and someone who is not. There are a handful of improper techniques out there, such as topping, that does more harm than good to a tree. If a tree service you’re considering brings up topping, that’s a red flag.
About Our Northern Colorado Arborist
We know it can be stressful trying to find a reliable tree service. At Schra Tree Care, we do so much more besides tree trimming and tree removal. Unlike our competitors, we offer fundamental tree health care in order to protect your tree’s strength and long-term vitality. From pest and disease control to deep root fertilization, we have the right treatment for your tree.
Call now for a consultation.