We all want our trees to stay strong and healthy throughout their lives. But there are times when tree care becomes a necessity. By tree care, we don’t just mean trimming and pruning. Fundamental tree health services involve protecting them against invasive pests, diseases, and so much more. This is where your local arborist comes into play. He or she will be able to identify the root of the problem, come up with a safe solution, and maintain the growth and beauty of your tree. It may sound simple, but the fact is that not all arborists are the same. In order to protect your tree, be sure to take some time researching the best arborist in your area. Keep reading for tips as you make your choice.
- Hire one who is licensed, bonded, and insured – Let’s discuss the most important tip first. The person you hire should be certified through the International Society of Arboriculture. ISA certification shows that the arborist has a willingness to keep current with the field of arboriculture. This is critical considering how many new tree diseases are found on a regular basis. Keep in mind that while some tree doctors may abide by The Tree Care Industry Association, they may not necessarily be ISA-certified.
- Avoid dealing with solicitors – Occasionally, homeowners are bothered by door-to-door solicitors who try to drum up business for what they claim to be a legitimate tree service. Don’t fall for it, though. These folks are known for preying on gullible homeowners.
- Get multiple estimates – Make sure to acquire estimates from multiply certified arborists. Two or more are definitely worth the extra effort, as many companies offer them free of charge.
- Talk with neighbors and friends for recommendations – Keep in mind that the person mowing your lawn is not the person who should be pruning your trees. Do some research of your own prior to getting in touch with a tree health expert. Then supplement the information you gather with whatever you can find from friends and family who recently hired an arborist.
- Be flexible with prices – We all try to save money whenever possible. However, it’s not the best idea to skimp on an arborist or any other tree service for that matter. Just because you get a low estimate from one company doesn’t mean you should hire them. Knowledge and experience should trump lost cost.
Why Hire Our Loveland Arborist?
At Schra Tree Care, we are backed by 30 years of industry experience. Our tree service is unique in that we understand the growth patterns and nutritive needs of Colorado’s urban forest. That allows us to provide top-notch tree care, protecting the beauty and longevity of your trees. Though we can perform tree trimming and tree removal with ease, homeowners rely on our expertise most for pest and disease control and deep root fertilization. Schra Tree Care uses only state-of-the-art equipment and cutting-edge techniques, so you never have to worry about us cutting corners on quality.
See what a certified arborist in Northern Colorado can do for you. Schedule your free consultation today.